Update on April 2nd, 2018
- Information We Collect and How We Use ItWe may store the information you submit to or through Mane Reviews, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of Mane Reviews.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, share your knowledge, engage businesses, answer your questions, improve Mane Reviews functionality, improve Mane Reviews quality, personalize your experience, track usage of Mane Reviews, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on Mane Reviews, display relevant advertising, provide client support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of Mane Reviews, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on Mane Reviews, we may store and use the following information; your full name, email address, zip / postal code and other information you may provide with your account. Your first name, last name, business name as well as any photo or business logo you submit through the registration process, may be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account at any time. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your company, you can request its removal at any time.
- Public Content: The information that you post within Mane Reviews is intended for public consumption, including, but not limited to your questions, comments, suggestions, information, photos, videos, and account profile. We may display this information on Mane Reviews, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through other Mane Reviews applications and third party sites and services.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends, employees, clients and other business associates to join Mane Reviews by using the Invite option. If you are inviting another person or business to join in the Mane Reviews program, you agree to follow Canada’s rules governing any kind of electronic message (CASL). This means you can ONLY invite someone you know or have had business dealings with in the past. You agree that if you do not follow these rules, then you take full responsibility for ALL fines associated with your disregard of Canada’s CASL rules. Every time you invite someone to become a member, you acknowledge that you must know this person or have conducted business dealings with them in the past.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails and messages from other Mane Reviews users, Mane Reviews businesses, and Mane Reviews itself. You can manage your involvement as Mane Reviews is a system built to increase and reward knowledge. It is your choice to participate but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from Mane Reviews. If you exchange messages with others through Mane Reviews, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Mane Reviews. If you send or receive information from or to Mane Reviews from your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
- Transactional Information: If you make purchases through Mane Reviews, we may collect and store certain information about you to process your requests and populate forms for future transactions, such as your phone number, address, and email. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your requests. When using a credit card within Mane Reviews, we use a third party provider that follows the most strict security standards for storing, processing and transmitting cardholder data. These standards are known as PCI DSS. When Members transact through Mane Reviews, we record and may publicly display statistics that a transaction occurred and that someone earned and redeemed goods and services for Points.
- Mane Reviews Activity: We may store information about your use of Mane Reviews, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of Mane Reviews, such as, but not limited to, your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use Mane Reviews. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
- Third PartiesWe may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through Mane Reviews, may be provided by third-party providers. We also outsource some of Mane Reviews functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance tests, payment processing functions, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Businesses on Mane Reviews: We may share information from or about you and your use of Mane Reviews with businesses on Mane Reviews. We suggest you read the privacy policies of every Business you engage.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: Mane Reviews may contain links to affiliated and unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Social Media: eg: Facebook and Twitter: You can connect your Mane Reviews account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share knowledge with your clients, employees, friends and followers. You can manage these settings.
Always assume users of Mane Reviews will be able to identify creators of content. We created a platform for all people to be heard. It is up to you should you wish to create a public profile that users may not be able to identify you, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to Mane Reviews.
Please also note that the content you send or receive using Mane Reviews is public information. Once you have created content, it is in the public domain and can be used by the Business it was intended for in any way they see fit. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your submissions uses nothing, all or a portion of the content.
- ChildrenThe Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. We do believe Children should have a voice and we believe parents should encourage their kids to find and speak out loud about their interests. Mane Reviews is a platform to speak about what interests you, regardless of your age.
- SecurityWe follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ManeReviews Attn: Privacy Officer 200-237 Romina Dr Vaughan, ON, CAN L4K 4V3
- JurisdictionThe information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in Canada, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.